Solid Carbide Centering Drills for Better Centering Performance with 90 Degree Apex Angle
- Diameter D5-D20, complete types.
- Suitable for centering and chamfering on CNC machines.
- Compared with general center drilling tools, the centering drill is more stable, and the centering drilling can be easily performed on the inclined surface.
- Typical application of integral alloy drill bits:
- Small diameter hole
- Tight or precision tolerance hole
- The hole shorter than a deep hole
- Chip formation and chip evacuation are important issues in drilling. It depends on the workpiece material, blade geometry selection, coolant pressure, capacity, and cutting parameters.
- Chip clogging can cause the drill bit to move radially and affect hole quality, bit life and reliability.
- The drill bit is mounted on the shank chuck and its circumferential runout must be less than 0.02 mm.
Recommended Cutting Parameters:
- When using this series of tools for the first time, the cutting is performed according to the recommended cutting speed of 90% or the feed rate of 85%. When the cutting condition is stable, the cutting speed and the feed are increased one by one.
- Cutting parameters are recommended for water soluble cutting fluids.
- Use a defect-free, clean chuck when installing the drill and control the drill runout to within 0.02 mm.
- The recommended cutting parameters are for applications where the hole depth is below 5D.
- The recommended cutting parameters are externally cooled drills, which can be increased by 10%-15% depending on the situation.